After months I managed to do some more work on this project. I put an Arduino Nano on somewhat resembling an unholy alliance between a breadboard and a soldered prototype board and don't question my craftsmanship!
|It's terribly soldered on the backside.|
Because I'm going to use this on a water rocket to trigger the parachute ejection. However, before I do that, I need a reliable parachute ejection system to ensure that the parachute will open. Because without parachute, the datalogger won't survive.
On the INS side of the project I looked into ways of filtering the data to get some accuracy, but then I stopped doing that because I'm doing this for fun.
I hope to be back with some actual data from the rocket flight soon.